Retail Strategies is the leading national advisory firm focused on retail market analysis and strategy, retail recruitment, and real estate development. Community leaders, economic development authorities, Chambers of Commerce, and real estate developers rely on our experienced team to provide tailored solutions to achieve retail growth and success.
What Sets Us Apart?
At Retail Strategies, we exist to measurably improve the quality of life in communities through innovation and entrepreneurial pursuits and live by our core values of being committed, collaborative, respected, and innovative. Our entrepreneurial mindset and culture of collaboration enable us to tailor our services to create unrealized potential, rewarding opportunities, and viable solutions for our clients.
Named the Birmingham Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and Fastest Growing Companies, our culture is designed for personal and professional growth. The positive trajectory of growth in client base, product lines, and revenue offer a great deal of opportunity for team members who excel at their position and are bought in to the long-term vision of the company.
Company Culture: At Retail Strategies, our culture is paramount to our collective success. Our core values of being committed, collaborative, respected, and innovative are the foundation to everything we do. We believe that our people are our best and most important asset, and we expect our team to show up every day ready to hustle, ready to learn, and eager to contribute to the overall success of the company.
Sister Company: Our sister company, Retail Specialists, is the premier real estate services firm in the South with a focus on leasing and brokerage, property management, development, and tenant representation. Together, we exist to measurably improve the quality of life in communities through innovation and entrepreneurial pursuits and can leverage a nationwide network that no other company can match.
The Account Manager serves as the main point of contact between the Retail Strategies team and our Client Communities, Chambers of Commerce, and other Economic Development Agencies and will manage approximately 20-30 clients.
This role requires daily focus, organizational skills, persistent effort, the ability to overcome objections, public speaking skills, effective communication skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. The Portfolio Director will manage client expectations and educate them on the commercial real estate industry and retail recruitment process while also communicating and coordinating with professionals in the commercial real estate industry. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Client Services.
- Responsible for keeping the team on track to provide deliverables to client as promised on schedule
- Client onboarding including introduction to the company, client management software setup, client questionnaire, collecting documents needed to create strategic plan and marketing flyer
- Updating clients through phone, email and management software in with notes on in-market retail recruitment activity by our team, providing quarterly reporting
- Visit each client community once a year
- Attend conferences on behalf of the clients, scheduling and attending meetings with real estate brokers, developers, and retail real estate professionals
- Provide tools and talking points to the City Manager or Economic Development Staff to update City Council or Board on progress of the engagement
- Calling property owners, commercial real estate agents, and retail developers to gather information while building relationships in clients’ markets
- Make outreach via email and phone, reporting on conversations, relationship-building
- At least 3 years of working experience in account management or business development
- Relationships with municipal leaders
- Experience in Microsoft Software and CRM experience
- Public and presentation speaking skills
- Organization skills
- Effective communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
The Ideal Candidate is
- Organized and able to focus daily on outreach
- A creative problem-solver
- Effective with verbal, written and in-person communication
- Self-driven and has the desire to exceed expectations
- Experienced with public speaking
- Comfortable with traveling for work
At Retail Strategies and Retail Specialists, we know that success depends on all of us. To learn more about our companies, check out this short video highlighting our history and our culture, which we believe is second to none.
If you feel this position or our Companies are a fit for you, let’s talk. We are always looking for talented people to join our team!