Three ways to get involved
You come to us
We have a state-of-the-art education classroom in our Birmingham and Fort Worth offices and would love to host your team for a two-day Retail Academy training.
We come to you
We schedule a trip to your community, and teach between 4 to 5 of your staff. This method works well if your team isn't able to get out of the office for training.
Through a partnership with the National League of Cities, receive an economic development certificate after participating in an eight-week course.
A few organizations we have worked with to host regional workshops.
What You Receive
When travel is difficult, or not possible, we have developed a series of online modules to get your community the tools it needs.
16+ hours of content
- Retail Incentives
- Retail Trends
- Hotel Feasibility
- Franchise Recruitment Tools
- Retailer Growth Plans and Reports
- Retailer, Developer and Broker Interviews
- Small Business Support
- Bankruptcy Filling and Closure Lists
- The Dollars and Cents of Shopping Centers
As part of the year-long partnership, you are granted access to an online membership platform that is updated monthly and available on-demand.
- Today’s Trend Impacting Retail Recruitment
- Demographics Overview
- Players, Process, and Pitch
- Real Estate 101 and Recruitment Tools
- Restaurant Strategies for Economic Development
- Innovating Commerce Serving Communities
- Steps to Recruiting Retail and Restaurants to your Downtown
Only 4 spots are available for each date. Choose your team’s spot today!